WordPress is the most popular and widely used content management system in the world. It has over 60 million websites using it, and every day more than 500+ new WordPress sites are created. As a result, there are many WordPress developers and web designers in Bangkok available. However, not all of them can deliver excellent results – some might be unprofessional or inexperienced. In this article we will discuss how to choosing the best WordPress developer and web designer who will build your website on time and within budget.
Advantages of Hiring a WordPress Developer & Web Designer in Bangkok
There are many advantages to hiring a WordPress developer & a web designer in Bangkok to build your website. This can include:
- Quickly getting a website up and running. Many freelancers can do this for you quickly, so you won’t have to wait months for the project to be completed.
- Built-to-last websites that are built on the latest technology and workflows to ensure they stand the test of time.
- Websites that are optimized for search engines so that you get more organic traffic from Google searches and other search engines like Bing or Yahoo!
- Websites that are mobile friendly so users who visit using their smartphones don’t have trouble viewing or navigating through them easily (this is especially important as more users access websites via their phones).
Challenges of Hiring a WordPress Developer & a Web Designer
Hiring a developer and web designer can be expensive, and if you don’t do it right, it could end up costing you more than you bargained for.
- You might not be able to find the right developer and web designer in Bangkok. This is especially true if your project is complex and involves skill sets that aren’t widely available in the WordPress community. In this case, hiring an agency would be your best option.
- Your developer and web designer may not have the time or budget to complete your project before its deadline—or they might deliver something that’s far from what was promised in the contract (or worse).
Web Designer vs Web Developer – What’s the Difference?
You may be wondering, “What exactly is a web designer?” And what are the differences between a web designer and a web developer?
A web designer is a person who designs the look and feel of a website. They create your brand design, logo, color scheme, and page layouts. A good web designer will also understand how all these pieces fit together to create an effective user experience for the visitor. If you need to hire one or both types of professionals – it means you will probably need to hire a developer too.
Web designers often work closely with developers to ensure that their designs and layouts are properly implemented into the website’s code, while also collaborating on the user experience that will help guide visitors through content.
9 Steps to Choosing a WordPress Developer and a Web Designer for Your Website
There are many things you can do to ensure that your website is an accurate representation of your business. The following steps will be a good place to start.
Step 1: Assess your needs and be clear about what you want.
In order to hire the right WordPress developer and web designer, you’ll have to know what you want.
To get started:
- Assess your business goals. What is your company hoping to achieve with its website? Do you want better brand awareness or more leads? How will a new site help increase sales or improve customer service? Knowing what you hope the site will accomplish will help determine how much time and money is needed for the development and maintenance of a new site.
- Know your audience. This can include both existing customers as well as potential customers who may be interested in learning more about your company’s products/services or signing up for email updates from you. The answers here will help inform decisions about which features should be included on the site—and whether those features require additional training for your staff members (such as online shopping carts). It’s also important because it helps identify any potential issues that might arise during development—for example, if there aren’t enough calls-to-action available on one page but too many available on another page then something needs adjustment since users need clear direction when interacting with any interface.
Step 2: Have a project brief ready.
- Create a project brief. This is the most important step in hiring a WordPress developer and a web designer. A project brief will give your developer all of the information they need to build your site, including features and design requirements, as well as budget details. The more detail you give them, the better job they’ll do!
- Include details about what you want to achieve with your website and how it will benefit your business or organization.
- Explain who your target audience is and why they should use this particular site (or service).
Step 3: Request candidates portfolio of work.
- Request candidates portfolio of work.
A portfolio is a collection of work that shows what a person or company can do, either from their own hand or from other people’s. It helps you understand the skills of your potential hire, and it should therefore be an important part of any hiring process.
- Make sure portfolios are relevant (and recent).
Your requirements will differ depending on the type of web designer or developer you need: front-end vs back-end vs full stack vs mobile; WordPress themes, eCommerce stores, or custom web applications; etc… If a candidate’s portfolio does not reflect this in some way, they may not be suitable for your needs.
Step 4: Look at testimonials.
While you can’t always rely on a developer and a web designer’s credentials, the testimonials and reviews they have received from previous clients are a good indicator of their work quality. You should look for a developer who has positive feedback from their clients, as this means they probably have excellent customer service and communication skills.
It’s also important to keep in mind that word-of-mouth advertising is one of the most powerful ways for a company to get new business via referrals. If someone recommends your WordPress developer or web designer to you, chances are they had an excellent experience with them—so listen up!
Step 5: Schedule them for an interview.
Once you have a list of potential candidates, schedule them for an interview. While this part may seem like the most straightforward step in the process, there are a few things you can do to set yourself up for success.
First and foremost, make sure you’re interviewing them in person—it’s much easier to get a sense of someone when they’re sitting across from you instead of on Skype or Google Hangouts (no matter how many times I’ve tried). You should also ask intelligent questions about their previous experience and career goals, as well as questions related to their current projects and workload. You could ask them about what kinds of things they enjoy doing outside work—some might love playing music or writing fiction; others might prefer hiking or reading books. A candidate who has interests outside work is someone who’s less likely to burn out after months at your company!
Finally, try asking each applicant if they know any other developers who would be good fits for your team (and if so—ask them!). This gives applicants an opportunity to recommend themselves while also giving you insight into other talented developers who might not have applied directly but would still want the job!
Step 6: Assess the Experience of the Developer and Web Designer:
You should also assess the developer’s experience. Try to ask the following questions to learn more about them.
It’s crucial to evaluate the professional experience of both the WordPress developer and the web designer you’re considering. Pose the following questions to gain deeper insights into their background and suitability for your project:
- Have the developer and web designer worked with WordPress before? What kind of projects were they?
- Is this their first project, or do they have a lot of experience with WordPress and your project specifically?
- How long has the developer been in business and how many projects has he/she completed? If this is their first major project, how did they get started?
- What size projects do they typically take on: small websites or large ones like yours?
Step 7: Be aware of the costs involved.
Be aware of the costs involved. Before you hire a developer and a web designer, make sure that he/she is charging at a rate that you can afford. Take a look at their hourly rate and see how many hours it will take to complete your project. Also look at the total cost of your project before going forward with hiring them.
Also be aware of potential hidden fees such as setup fees and domain name registration fees so that there are no surprises when the bill comes in from your chosen developer and web designer!
Step 8: Discuss the time frame for their work.
Discussing time frames is an important part of working with a developer or a web designer, because you need to make sure that they have enough time to do the job. If they are too busy, it may be difficult for them to finish within your desired timeframe. On the other hand, if they are too slow, then again you will run into problems.
Step 9: Get everything on paper.
Before you hire a developer or a web designer, it’s important to get everything on paper. A contract ensures that everyone is clear about what the project entails, what is expected from both parties, and how much each party will pay for the services provided. Your contract should include:
- A brief description of your project
- The time frame for completion (not including any delays)
- A payment schedule with milestones set at agreed-upon intervals during development and upon delivery/completion
The key takeaway from this post is that hiring a WordPress developer and a web designer can be difficult. But we hope this information will be useful for all of our readers, and hope to have provided you with the tools necessary to make an informed decision when selecting one, but ultimately it’s up to you as the client to decide who (or if) they should work with.
If your search has led you here then we would love to hear from you! And if you need to hire a WordPress Developer and a web designer in Bangkok who will take your company to the next level. Don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know how our guide helped out in any way possible.